The best antique shops in Somerset, according to a new study
NEW research reveals that Somerset is the fourth capital for five-star antique shopping experiences in the UK.
The study, conducted by sales site for-sale.co.uk, analyzed five-star rated antique shops in the UK and calculated the number of shops in each area as well as TripAdvisor’s total ratings for assign each region a “Capital Score”. .
Somerset is in fourth place, receiving a Capital Score of 9.4.
Bath, Yeovil and Taunton are home to most of the county’s 14 five-star antique shops, offering 298 square kilometers per store.
The region scored 85 reviews, almost half of them (38) for The Emporium, in Yeovil.
Shoppers found quirky and interesting items like antique clocks, military memorabilia, collectible china and vintage mirrors. One shopper said: “Fascinating vintage shopping destination – love this place.”
Commenting on the study, a spokesperson for for-sale.co.uk said: “It’s great to see areas that offer fantastic shopping experiences for antiques lovers in the UK and tourists visiting the country to explore its shopping avenues.
“Antiques are always a great option for unique gifts for special occasions and a perfect way to source unusual items that become a talking point when entertaining visitors.”
Greater London received a score of 14.4, making it the five-star antique shop capital of the country, with Cheshire in second place and Merseyside in third.
Somerset’s five star antique shops are:
1. The Factory, Castle Cary;
2. Vintage Picker, Taunton;
3. Donna May Vintage, Frome;
4. Dustland Fairytale Antiques, Midsomer Norton;
5. Presence of the Past, Glastonbury;
6. Simon Jackson Antiques & Interiors Bath;
7. Beau Nash, Bath;
8. The Emporium, Yeovil;
9. Chrisp Bros. Curios, Yeovil;
10. Phoenix Rising Antiques, Ilminster;
11. Crewkerne Antiques Centre; Crewkerne;
12. Raven Yard Antiques, Whitchurch;
13. Antique textiles and lighting, Bath;
14. Old Wilfs Workshop, Taunton.